News - of a shocking sort!
I think that I have now really, honestly, truly, and for reals:
LOST MY MIND!!!!!!
It all started Thursday night, when Lindsey called me up to ask me to drive over to Whidbey Campus with her, to attend a practical nursing lecture, and then go out for dinner.
Being an amiable sort of person, I agreed to go along for the ride, and at Lindsey's suggestion, took along a book to read while she attended the lecture.
I never even opened the book.
At first I didn't want to appear rude, and read during the lecture, so I listened half-heartedly. But then I started to get interested, and about halfway through the session, I looked over at Linz, and whispered " I think I'm going to do this!"
SO. Next quarter, I'm going to take 2 prerequisite classes over at the Whidbey Campus, maybe with Lindsey - NURS 132 (applied math for nurses), and NURS 136 (anatomy and physiology).
Linds and I are hoping and praying that we will both be accepted into the fulltime LPN Program then, in the fall. If it happens, we want to rent an apartment there for during the week, and come home on weekends. The course is 1 year long, so in actuality, if we get accepted this fall quarter, we could both be LPNs by the next conference!! Isn't that mind-boggling!! :)
Otherwise, we'll try to get into the part-time program, which would last almost 2 years.
I am just so stoked to do this though! It'll be a lot of hard work, but it seems now like I actually have a purpose in life - other than working at the Lunch Box forever :)
So yah, I, and Linds too, would appreciate your prayers and support for this - we are so excited!!
.....and to think, all this from a girl who used to consider a nursing profession a last resort :)
I'm crazy. :)


27 Comments:
At January 28, 2006 3:39 PM ,
Mike said...
Indeed this is news of a shocking sort. The last reaction I expexted you to have from this trip.
At January 28, 2006 8:35 PM ,
Brandy said...
licensed practical nurses
At January 28, 2006 9:03 PM ,
Gloria said...
Um Brandy just one question. How are you going to be nurse when you
1. can't stand the sight of blood
2. Almost squeezed Brittany's hand off while you where getting stitches
3. You don't handle stressful moments very well?
Just wondering.
At January 29, 2006 9:00 AM ,
~*!*~Abby~*!*~ said...
She can be tough................I think
At January 29, 2006 12:57 PM ,
Brandy said...
I can handle stress just fine :) It's only my own blood that bothers me, and i most likely won't be stitching anyone up... :D
At January 29, 2006 4:28 PM ,
Mike said...
You can NOT handle stressful situations.
This I know for truelys
At January 29, 2006 10:08 PM ,
Brandy said...
what are you talking about MIKEYYY
At January 29, 2006 10:11 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Brandy that's so cool.
I'm going to compose a list of "excuses" of why you need Friday the 10th off (and possibly a few more days).
1st. you are sick. Pretend your psychic and you know when you'll be sick, and what with. Also, make sure that you have signs of sickness the day before. Dizzy spells, occasional fainting, the whole works. Remember, whatever you have, emphasize that it is highly contagious, and life-threatening. Who knows, you might get flowers out of the deal as well.
2nd. hmmm...family emergency. kind of lame. On second thought, maybe it'll work, seeing as you have plenty of crazy brothers. Definitely use this as a last resort, along with #1.
3rd. Around 11:45 a.m, call and say that you were in a car chase with the police and now you are in jail, and will be for the entire weekend. This just might work, as long as nobody decides to visit you there. Or I guess you'd need to have somebody else in on this, 'cause you only get one phone call, and I'm guessing you'd want to save that for your uncle lawyer. But given your driving record, I'd say that this stands a good chance.
4th. hmm...I'm running out of excuses. Oh, duh. Tell them you're going out of town. You know, the truth! That might convince them.
5th umm...it's not nearly late enough to think of any "good ones". uh...help me out here people. What about cutting your hand or something. Just swath it in bandages and show them the "evidence"!! You'll be able to get fake blood from the Halloween store. Never mind that Halloween is nine months down the road, you'll be able to find it somewhere.
6th You'll need a parent for this one, or someone with an "authoritative" voice. Have them call and say that you're in a coma. You were sledding on Steven's Pass, and crashed into a tree (this actually happened to my friend, except she broke her ankle in a few places). The doctors have to do extensive testing (MRI's, CAT scans, etc.). As long as your cohort can make it sound authentic, this might have a good chance.
Of course, once they find out that the above wasn't true, you might not have a job. So maybe scratch a few of my suggestions.
See you at the partay!!!
ciao bella,
eliza'beth
At January 29, 2006 10:24 PM ,
Anonymous said...
uh...i kind of forgot that this is a surprise and all...duh. I hope dad doesn't read it. He probably won't 'cause I don't think he goes on y'alls blogs.
buenas noches y bueno suerte,
eliza'beth
At January 30, 2006 5:45 AM ,
Krista said...
That's super exciting! I'm so glad you found something u're interested in. And sorry, but I kinda have to agree with Mike about the stressful situations...lol remember when we snuck out to the treehouses the first night at camp? lol no worries. Sure you'll be an awesome nurse.
At January 30, 2006 3:59 PM ,
Brandy said...
that wasn't scary, krista, that was plain old freeeeeeeeeky!!!
At January 30, 2006 7:27 PM ,
Gloria said...
I was just pointing some things out. If this is truly what you want to do, Then I will stand by you all the way.
At January 30, 2006 10:25 PM ,
Andrea said...
I'm so jealious of you for years I have been trying to decide if I want to be a nurse or not. One year I do and the next I don't :( How do you ever make up your mind???? I'm happy for you:)
At January 30, 2006 10:26 PM ,
Andrea said...
I think maybe I need to go to one of those talk things that you went to:) :) :)
At January 31, 2006 1:33 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Brandy!!
that sounds AWESOME... if I liked blood then I might be jealous... But I'm excited for you and for sure I'll pray! Love you!
(give your sick PEANUT SAUCE!!! it's the answer to everything!)
At January 31, 2006 7:55 AM ,
Christine said...
I don't think you're crazy! :) I think that's awesome! How are you doing by the way? Haven't talked to you in a while.
At February 01, 2006 12:37 AM ,
Kristi said...
You go girl!
No, you'll never have to stitch anyone up, and don't worry, you'll come to LOVE the sight of blood (that is, the kind that you see when you are getting a nice tube of it out of someones very stubbern and difficult vein--it's a great sense of accomplishment).
As for stressful situations...I don't know, but I had a reputation too once ;)
At February 01, 2006 5:19 PM ,
Cassi said...
did jermy delete his blog AGAIN?
At February 01, 2006 9:13 PM ,
Brandy said...
yep, he's craaaaazy
At February 02, 2006 11:03 AM ,
~*!*~Abby~*!*~ said...
somtin went wrong i guess the puter dos not like him or somtin!!:)
At February 02, 2006 5:35 PM ,
Rebekah said...
Wow Brandywine! I am truly impressed. Go for it, and do your best--you'll be awesome. There are endless places God could take you with this. Just follow Him and you'll be right as rain and happy to boot! Luvs!
At February 03, 2006 9:58 AM ,
katie said...
That's awesome, Brandy! I know you were unsure for a while about what you wanted to do. Go for it! God may be telling you this is exactly where He wants you, or this might be a stepping stone to something else (getting you even more out of your comfort zone). Either way, I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying that He will continue to guide you.
At February 04, 2006 12:11 AM ,
Cassi said...
brandy, tell me if you like this layout, if you do, I could change your blog to it sometime :)
http://www.blogskins.com/apply.php?sid=77670&action=Preview
At February 04, 2006 12:17 AM ,
Brandy said...
EEK!!! I LOVE IT CASSI!!!! :)
At February 04, 2006 9:16 AM ,
Gloria said...
At the Lincoln Theatre they are playing Pride & Prejudice. They say it is a new a improved version so they may have changed it a bit. Just thought to let you know.
At February 04, 2006 11:52 AM ,
Unknown said...
Thats the best news ive heard all day: that someone actually knows what they are going to do!! It's really cool Brandy, you should be great at it. Best of Luck with that and my prayers go to ya.
God Bless
-Aaron
At February 06, 2006 11:05 PM ,
Anonymous said...
No surrpise to me that you found it strange that a person whom you have never seen before was talking to you and knew who you were. Friday I must have been out of my box because there were several things I did that are not normal for me. Like talking to people I have never met before (mabe I should get my picture posted)
I go to the Lynden United Reformed Church.
Congrats on choosing a career
Tim
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home