Bees
The Bee Box
In this small box, my love,
you'll not find a ring,
but instead, a brave little bee.
He'll be dead by morn, having given his life
defending his flowers against me.
I felt his sting
while picking the small, purple pansies
growing wild along the roadside,
in hopes of an afternoon bouquet for you.
And I grieved the sting,
more for him than me,
knowing full well the price he paid
for my small pain.
And I allowed him his victory,
leaving his flowers as a memory,
and brought you instead
this brave little bee,
who proves there is love
even in the smallest
of things.
** Isn't this cute?! I didn't write it - I found it on poetry.com, but I thought it was really sweet....:)
In this small box, my love,
you'll not find a ring,
but instead, a brave little bee.
He'll be dead by morn, having given his life
defending his flowers against me.
I felt his sting
while picking the small, purple pansies
growing wild along the roadside,
in hopes of an afternoon bouquet for you.
And I grieved the sting,
more for him than me,
knowing full well the price he paid
for my small pain.
And I allowed him his victory,
leaving his flowers as a memory,
and brought you instead
this brave little bee,
who proves there is love
even in the smallest
of things.
** Isn't this cute?! I didn't write it - I found it on poetry.com, but I thought it was really sweet....:)


11 Comments:
At May 28, 2005 10:42 PM ,
Andrea said...
aawwww that is cute:) Beka should read this poem she hates bees (or I think maybe its mostly wasps she doesn't like)
At May 29, 2005 3:55 PM ,
Gloria said...
Brandy its so sad!! :( The poor bee died. It is a sweet poem, but the poor bee.
At May 30, 2005 3:41 PM ,
Anonymous said...
*sniff* What a nice...*sniff sniff* poem.
Poor little thing!
At May 31, 2005 1:08 PM ,
Rebekah said...
I concede! I love this poem. There is more than love--honor and courage in the smallest of things. Although I'm not so sure how I would react if my man gave me a bee in place of flowers...or a ring!
At June 01, 2005 2:12 PM ,
~Rae said...
Very adorable poem Brandy. I'm glad you didn't try to take credit for this yet unknown poem. lol, I know you would never do that.
hey, I hope I see you at Tim and Sarah's on Sat.! ttfn~
At June 02, 2005 12:42 PM ,
Gloria said...
I would like a bee and a ring.
At June 02, 2005 3:05 PM ,
~Rae said...
hey! how bout a ring with a little bee on it? perferably in white gold with little gold stripes on it, and it could be sitting on a ruby flower, and maybe the flower could have some emerald leaves....
ok, by now the "little" ring isn't so little anymore!!!
At June 03, 2005 10:40 AM ,
~Rae said...
hmm, Brandy, you just can't stick to the same old, same old, can you? I was actually thinking of a make over also, and I was gonna do green, but you stole it from me!!! naughty little girl, you need to go in the corner.
At June 03, 2005 5:28 PM ,
Gloria said...
Great idea Rachel!! But I think I still what a LITTLE ring.
At June 03, 2005 10:13 PM ,
Brandy said...
Sorry, Rae - - guess I'm just faster and smarter and prettier and..... ---- oh ok, maybe just faster than you :) lol
At June 04, 2005 5:47 PM ,
Gloria said...
Brandy! Brandy! How can be so mean to poor Rachel. Evan if all you said was true. Joking! Just Joking!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home